Call for Papers
The theme of the conference is “Next Generation Information and Knowledge Dissemination to realize the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development”. The Theme focuses on the importance of information and knowledge dissemination to make everyone aware about SDGs and also their respective roles in attaining those goals. The theme also concentrates on the role of different information institutions and government sectors in achieving the SDGs.
The theme of the Conference is focused to determine the significance of knowledge management strategy to accumulate, store, manage and disseminate the intellectual output of the knowledge society to attain the sustainable development goals. Inclusive knowledge society, transparent knowledge ecosystem and dynamic knowledge markets can play a vital role in achieving the Agenda 2030. The conference would provide a platform for the knowledge managers, policy makers, academicians and think tanks of the civil society to unite for sharing their expertise and innovative ideas to accelerate the development process. It is inevitable that apposite knowledge management is fundamental to address the complex problems facing the global community today. The conference will be concentrated to reach a consensus by way of knowledge sharing among the participants to apprehend the SDGs by providing a cohesive approach to knowledge-related challenges that directly influence the achievement of the SDGs. The theme of the conference aims to present a vision of comprehensive and diverse knowledge society by emphasizing on both the societal and economic value of knowledge management through extensive research outcomes.
Primarily the target audience for the i-IKM 2019 may include but not limited to faculty member from Information and Knowledge Management, Information Science, Library Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Social Welfare, Economics etc., researchers, subject experts, government officers, information professionals, librarians, practitioners, research students and others who have associated somehow with information and knowledge management.
The main theme is being divided into several sub-themes as detailed below, but not necessarily limited to:
Information & Knowledge Dissemination to strengthen capacities of Public Institutions to Achieve SDGs
- Information and Knowledge Management (IKM) at public institutions
- IKM for public policy making
- Big data and SDGs
- Data and information gap analysis for SDGs
- IKM for monitoring and evaluation of SDGs
- Information and knowledge dissemination to build inclusive, effective and accountable public institutions
- Information literacy as a critical skill to achieve SDGs
IKM and SDGs
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Capacity building strategy for SDGs
- Learning and development organizations, and knowledge management.
- R&D capacity for innovation institutional mechanism for public service innovation management
- Transformational leadership in a complex environment
- Artificial intelligence and SDGs
- Value co-creation and SDGs
- Service innovation for sustainable development
Information and Knowledge Science: Emerging Paradigm
- Information and Knowledge Management (IKM)
- Knowledge discovery tools
- Digital rights management
- Information governance
- Content creation and management
- Open access, open data, data migration
- Digital humanities
- Digital tools for information and knowledge management
- Knowledge sharing and dissemination
- E-learning and MOOCs
- Smart Libraries and SDGs
- Role of Information institutions and its Professionals in achieving SDGS
- Information Marketing
- All manuscripts will be subjected to double blind peer-review and are expected to meet the scientific criteria of significance and academic excellence.
- The submitting author is responsible solely for ensuring that the article’s publication has been approved by all the other co-authors and takes responsibility for the paper during submission and peer review.
- The publisher will not be held legally responsible should there be any claims for compensation.